Reference No.: ENG-005
Reporting to: BIM Lead
As a BIM Modeler, you will perform 3D modeling and documenting of shop drawings in concrete, precast concrete related products and reworks to ensure relevant specifications and detailing comply with the industry standards and customers’ design requirements. Will require performing a supporting role in BIM coordination and manage related deliverable define within any project assigned.
- Preferable to have good knowledge in understanding construction drawings and standard precast detailing.
- Coach and guide Junior modeler on BIM modeling technique and standards in creation of models from design proposal to documenting shop drawings for production.
- Competent in 3D precast modeling software (i.e. Planbar, Autodesk Revit or Tekla)
- Consolidate and present extracted QTO data from 3D BIM Model and coordinate with Contract Personal to support tender bids and project related information.
- Prepare and check precast layout plans and connection details for submission approval.
- Prepare and check precast related production and fabrication shop drawings and layout plan for compliance with relevant code and requirements for good engineering practices.
- Handle and coordinate 3D BIM model crash detection and manage amendment, revisions, resolving RFI issues and others BIM related deliverable.
- Manage 3D modeling components libraries in accordance to company’s BIM standards.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management and the designated manager.
- Diploma in Architecture, Civil and Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in ready-mixed concrete or precast concrete industry.
- Able to multi-task, work independently, proactive with positive attitude.
- Good communication and interaction skills to perform and support in project BIM coordination work.
- Preferable with good knowledge and well verse in Autodesk cad software and BIM software / tools. (Example: Autodesk Revit, Planbar, solibri model checker or Tekla)
- Preferable with good knowledge in Microsoft office product. (Example: Words, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Preferable with knowledge / understanding of BIM concept and its application processes and workflow will be an add advantage.
- Possess strong initiative, resourceful, independent, good team player and technologically forward-looking.